A pro-active advocacy service to women and men living with domestic violence and related issues, providing emotional and practical support to the whole family if necessary at a community level.
We provide information on housing, civil and criminal court and compose risk assessments with our service users tailored to there personal needs.
Wherever possible, the advocates follow a case through the various phases, keeping women informed throughout the process. The following are the key services offered to women;
- being kept informed about their case
- general telephone support
- being accompanied to court
- risk assessment and safety plan
- requesting special measures
- pre-trial visit to court
- victim impact statements
- criminal restraining orders
- referrals to other agencies
The advocates are extremely pro-active in their attempts to reach all women going through the courts and offering them support.